Apothecarium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Apothecarium guild forums!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How does your character spend Christmas eve?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rebekka

Rebekka

How does your character spend Christmas eve? Empty
PostSubject: How does your character spend Christmas eve?   How does your character spend Christmas eve? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:54 pm

((Yes, how does your character spend Christmas eve? Where are they? What are they doing? What are they thinking of? I'm curious! Either, just tell us, or write a short little story! :3))

As the door opens, letting in a cold gust of wind, Rebekka nervously places her cup of scolding hot bruiseweed tea on the table. She turns around slightly in the chair in which she sits, throwing a glance at the doorway. The newcomer, a mage by the look of it, is in a particularly bad shape - where his lower jaw should be, there is just a gaping hole, a slashed throat, and half of his face seems to have been ripped of by some beclawed monster. She lowers her gaze - it's rude to stare. As the mage slowly limps in the direction of the counter, Rebekka picks up her cup again with a frustrated sigh.
While sipping the hot liquid, she throws a glance at the two neatly wrapped parcels laying on the chair next to her own. She had been taken by surprise when the first winter veil gifts had arrived in her mailbox. In the end, she had bought some gifts of her own, and now everything has been wrapped, everything been sent... except those two.
Slowly, she drinks the rest of her tea - glancing at the door every time it opens. And every time, her frail hope turns into disappointment. When the cup is empty, she pulls her Gyrachronatom from her pocket, eyeing it for a moment. With another frustrated sigh, she roughly presses the parcels into her satchel, throwing it's strap over her shoulder. She leaves a few coins on the table, and before she opens the door leading out to the main street in Brill, she pulls her silk scarf tighter around her throat.
Back to top Go down
Claudine

Claudine

PostSubject: Re: How does your character spend Christmas eve?   How does your character spend Christmas eve? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 11:38 pm

((Ooh, muffinous <3 T's something I quickly fixed up simply because I had to post something in this thread))

Claudine was sitting on the floor of her rent room in Gallow's end. Tying up a few fir branches into a wreath with smooth, red ribbons, she let out few heavy sighs every now and then.
"Yet another Winter Veil without mother, father and the twins.."
She picked up a few red berries, attaching them to the ribbons in few bunches, counting out aloud; "This big one is for father, the second one for mother.. and these little ones for Bradley and Jonathan.."
Smiling, Claudine placed the wreath next to two others. She stood up, and pulled her brown coat onto her, wrapping her big scarf as a hood over her head. She took the three wreathes in her arm, a candle in her pocket, a little wrapped present and, being willing to save time, teleported to Undercity.

As she reached the laboratory of the Apothecarium she placed one of her wreathes upon the wall next to the doorway. She did not pay any attention to the Kor'Kron, who were obviously amused by the girl's oh-so-sweet-and-a-noble deed.
"Sure they will be happy about this, even though they might not say it aloud.. I worked really hard on these"

She had prepared for a hours long trip to Grom'Gol, making her way back to Westfall. Nothing out of ordinary during the flight, just a fine moment for a little nap. Claudine sooner or later, much later, reached her family's grave, leaving one of the wreathes there and lighting her little candle.
"It feels rather lonely to be without you four, especially knowing you won't be celebrating the Winter's Veil like you used to... I wonder if you celebrate it in any differing way in the place you're now, eh?" She smiled to herself. "You sure have a lot more to eat, I didn't forget it when the cold nights took most of our harvest back then..."
Claudine could spend many hours talking to the graves by the trees. After all, it was far enough from the Defias and other living that she wouldn't be disturbed at any time.

...and there was only one stop to head to, up to Northrend. One wreathe was left and the present still ungiven.
"I am sure this is how Great Father Winter gets from door to door so swiftly.. he must be a mage with a great teleportation skill.."
Back to top Go down
Vraenesha

PostSubject: Re: How does your character spend Christmas eve?   How does your character spend Christmas eve? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 1:55 am

(( Wauw, shiny... Hmm. Fellie does not exactly celebrate Winter's Veil, now that she is undead, so, meh...

A faint memory found within the twisted mind of Felucia Black:

She is in a sparsely decorated room, sitting on a poorly constructed bed. The room is weakly lit by a few candle lights. She is dressed in a pitch black dress, and a veil is covering her eyes. Her very feminine and attractive body seems wounded, and she is facing the floor infront of the door.

All of the sudden, the door is almost blown open by a huge man in a way too small tuxedo. He storms into the room, heavily angered by something. If he could, he would burn down the house in anger.

Felucia is simply (and quite rudely) staring at him through the dark veil. The man seems intimidated by this, and throws a violent speech at her, which is only vaguely remembered, and can barely be heard in the memory; "How do you intent to find a bloody husband, when you spend all the time in the dark, you motherless wench! Pull yourself together, and get downstairs, b-...". The rest of the phrase is too blurry to be heard. Afterwards, the man rushes out of the room and stomps downstairs.

Felucia, who is left behind, shakingly walks towards the door.

(( I realize this is not exactly a pleasant memory, but I found it suitable, since that most of her christmasses were spend in that room. And I am kinda considering putting together some sort of background story... Smile
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: How does your character spend Christmas eve?   How does your character spend Christmas eve? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 11:51 am

((Nawh, poor Fellie! D':

Claudy, I love the way to write. Claudine's perspective of things is just so sweet and innocent. You really capture her personality Very Happy))
Back to top Go down
Vraenesha

PostSubject: Re: How does your character spend Christmas eve?   How does your character spend Christmas eve? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 7:04 pm

(( Meh... I most likely exaggerated *shrug*
And yeah, totally agreed. It is so much different to the Apothecarium, and yet totally awesome!
Back to top Go down
Claudine

Claudine

PostSubject: Re: How does your character spend Christmas eve?   How does your character spend Christmas eve? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:59 pm

((Mauw, thank you, muffins :3
I really demand Vrae to write a loooong novel about Fellie's past, that "teaser" got me interested!
And as for Reb, the "it's rude to stare" made me giggle. I sure would stare, even if not wanting to, if I saw a guy without a jaw.. XD))
Back to top Go down
Kelmith

Kelmith

PostSubject: Re: How does your character spend Christmas eve?   How does your character spend Christmas eve? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 3:18 pm

(( Damnit! I want moar time, but won't get any before next week. I feel I'm missing a lot. Especially the separate parchment in Claud's diary made me go: "FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

Oh well. Raven's journal shows you why Kel actually went to Sillymoon ))

Silvermoon was overcrowded. Everyone seemed happy and cheery. Even the poor wretches and beggars of the areas like Murder Row seemed more cheery. They offered each other coins, clothes that were almost intact and ate fruits and sandwitches. Seeming to enjoy them very much.

"Ain't they satisfied for so little." thought the forsaken walking in a large brown robe with a hood over his head. It was natural of course, since these maggots usually had nothing.

This forsaken was no-one else than the Crimson Raven. More known by his real name these days. Kelmith.

Kelmith was surprised when he saw a little elf girl running through the place. This was not a good place for little kids to run in. When noticing Kelmith, the girl flipped her red hair and apporached him. She was carrying something. That something turned out to be small paintings. The girl didn't seem to be afraid of the undead at all.
"Happy Winter Veil mister forsaken!" she exclaimed, as cheerful as nearly everybody were today. It started to annoy Kelmith for ome reason.
"Likewise." Kelmith replied with a boring voice, having gotten used to that reply.
"Do ya want one of my paintings?" she said showing them all clearly. Kelmith raised his brows surprised and impressed. The paintings weren't what he would expect from a little girl. No flowers or butterflies and all. Well, some of them in some paintings, but still... this artwork was very impressive. It really did feel like art. These pictures were something an average adult couldn't do. This girl had natural talent to this. One of the paintings took Kelmith's attention. One of the best there was. A teenager elf, who looked a lot like the girl. Could have very well been her older sister or something. In the painting, the elf was standing in a blizzard in a snowy backround. Kelmith didn't know what the place was, but it was dark, and still had some kind of beauty on it. The things making light were the moon and stars. The elf stood in the blizzard in casual summer clothes, and still didn't look like she was cold at all. The elf only had a smile on her face and had her eyes closed. No other emotion was not shown.

Kelmith realized that he looked at the picture quite closely. He actually liked it.
"How much do they cost then?" Kelmith asked.
"Nothing! It's Winter Veil after all." the girl said happily, "I paint every day! I'll have more coming, so I won't miss these in the future."
Kelmith grinned a little and took the painting, waving his goodbyes to the girl.

Soon, Kelmith arrived at the inn and removed his hood. There was surprisingly less people than usual. Worked for Kelmith very well.
"Oi, Kel! Haven't seen you in a while!" shouted the brown-haired innkeeper.
"Been working, Velandra. I'm stationed in Northrend now." Kelmith replied.
"Oh yeah? You want the usual? It's on the house." Velandra asked.
"Yea, thanks." Kelmith said and took a seat. Velandra soon got him some red wine and sat next to him.
"So why're you here now?" she asked.
"Thought that I'd visit my mom's grave." Kelmith replied.
"That's how you spend Winter's Veil? Get half-drunk and see your mother you hardly even knew?" Velandra said a little amused.
"What am I supposed to do?" Kelmith asked a little annoyed.
"Damn it. You've really forgotten everything due to undeath. Did Cloudy ever pass your mind? The last time you told me, her only 'family' left was you."

At that point, it hit Kelmith. He hadn't told Claudine of his departure, yet she had no other family remaining. Kelmith never had a good family, so he never knew the importance of family being together during the feast. Now he wondered, that was Cloudy disappointed for his absence, and should he try to make it up to her.

"No, I haven't forgotten anything. It's just that I never knew..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does your character spend Christmas eve?   How does your character spend Christmas eve? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How does your character spend Christmas eve?
Page 1 of 1