Apothecarium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Apothecarium guild forums!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Apothecary's Almanac!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grand Master Duskmantle

The Apothecary's Almanac! Empty
PostSubject: The Apothecary's Almanac!   The Apothecary's Almanac! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:56 pm

[[Please add any IC terminology of fan fiction, which you've created and which is directly related to the Guild. Include a definition of the term, a brief background if necessary and hopefully this can lead to consistency in Roleplay, since I find myself using "made up" terms quite often. And I never think to note them down.]]

Alexis Monebor:
A famed Apothecary who formed part of the original expedition to Northrend. Now missing, presumed dead. He established the theory of Electrostatolk, which asserts that life can be granted to simple organisms by a powerful electric shock. The pylons around the Apothecarium stand as a testament to his work, his work was key in establishing the Teleomorphic science.

The Apothecarium:
The branch of the Royal Apothecary Society, under the charge of Grand Apothecary Duskmantle and overseen by Master Apothecary Faranell (ruler of the entire Society), which operates exclusively from the Undercity itself. As with the rest of the Society its operations are departmentally divided.

The Artifact:
An object forged by Xavius some 10,000 years ago, filled with the corruption which overcame him and his followers. It is fabled to be held by the Satyr of Ashenvale.

Baggle Balm:
A substance discovered by the great Alchemist Crassil Baggle, created from a complex mixture of almost extinct herbs. It can be used to preserve dead skin or objects and is commonly employed in the Apothecarium for this purpose.

Black's Disease:
Made from a rare bacteria which can only be found in magically corrupted worgen blood. It paralyzes the intercostal muscles, rendering it difficult to breathe. Known for it's brutal cough attacks the result of the bacteria covering the victim's throat, impossible to remove. The victim often dies after twelve hours of exhaustion. Several cures are known, although, none are easy to make. Should a person, he or she will never be able to breath normally, the damage caused to the lungs and trachea (windpipe) is severe.

Blood-Bloom:
A common deep red herb to be found in areas corrupted by demonic presence. While the consuming of these plants provides an immediate boost to morale and strength, they can be used more artfully to cause lasting brain damage and lethargic behaviour.

Deadvine:
A withering vine commonly found in decrepit tombs across the Eastern Kingdoms. Noted for its ability to bind tightly to a living object and the intoxicating poison a simple scratch can transfer which can severely injure those infected.

Doomweed:
A rare plant, found in the dead Glades. Capable of inflicting heavy joint pains and narcolepsy. The effect, depending on the dose, usually wears off after three weeks. The deadly dosage of this, is half a litre of the poison extracted from its roots.

The Dual Thesis:
The essential ‘goals’ of the Forsaken race and the purpose for which the Society operates. The first thesis: the eradication of all opposition, both political and apolitical, to the rule of the Dark Lady in Lordaeron. The second thesis: the creation of a cure for our condition.

Grub Thistle:
An extremely rare herb to be found only in the southern forests of Azeroth. Can sustain its form in water, and is therefore used to create water-borne diseases. It is hoarded by Ogre clans for unknown reasons.

Hadros Guntha:
A resident of Stratholme who was one of the original founders of the Society, he created the Serumantic science and was the first to perfect a primitive blight for use against the infected wildlife of the Glades. He now resides in the darkest depths of the Undercity and has become a paranoid recluse, though much of his research still survives.

Parablackout:
A lethal disease developed by Master Chemist Black. The sufferer experiences heavy migranes and paranoia, claustrophobia and agoraphobia (fear of open areas). Created when when the nervetoxin of a silithid wasp is cooled with cerebrospinal fluid (commonly known as 'brain zap') from any sentient beings. The virus is not contagious, and can only be passed on through ingestion of the infected blood. However, it has been confirmed that exposure to the air makes the disease airborne. The only known cure is death.

Remedical:
One of the three Dark Sciences practiced by the Forsaken. This branch focuses on the search for a ‘cure’ with regards to our condition and the development of various elixirs to deal with damaging ailments and to enhance the efficiency of operatives.

Rufus Redengus:
One of the earliest Grand Apothecaries of the Society and a studious member. The Remedical Science was founded by him in the early days of the Society and much of his work contributes to the search for the cure. He famously declared that our condition was a: “temporary inconvenience” and could not bear to admit the severity of the ‘problem’. Having failed continuously to make a breakthrough in the field, he was driven insane and entombed himself in a stone coffin, requesting he be dumped in the Great Sea. Missing, presumed dead.

Serumantic:
One of the three Dark Sciences practiced by the Forsaken. This branch focuses on the construction of biological or chemical non-sentient weaponry for use against the opponents of the Dark Lady.

The Spine:
The term used amongst members of the society to refer to the central members of our organisation. The "spine" is a more casual reference to any members who play a key part in events, "The Spine" is the official and formal title used when refering to the Departmental leaders, their immediate deputy's and the Overseer's. The term was first used by loyalists refering to themselves during their opposition to Shadowsworn's rebellion.

Steam-Driven Syringe:
Syringes originally created by Deathguard Citreola which can be adjusted for medical shots and poison injections. The mechanisms are made of mithril (although, sturdier syringes of adamantite exist), and the barrel of brilliant glass (forged from gems by jewelcrafters).The speed, pressure and volume of the injections can be tuned with precision.

Teleomorphic:
One of the three Dark Sciences practiced by the Forsaken. This branch focuses on the construction of simple life forms to serve the Dark Lady and the Society. The most common example of construct being the Abomination.

Theodore Stirling:
One of the few who worked in Lordaeron while the living remained as a, then rare, apothecary. His work is all that remains from this era and provides a detailed outline to the basics of chemistry. Stirling himself fell to the Scourge and now wonders lost amongst the mindless masses of the Scourge.

Thorinx:
This strange creature was taken from the desert land of Silithus, rumoured to be one of the most ancient existing creatures and one of the last of its kind. It now remains chained in the Apothecarium and produces a green substance, known as thorinxas, which is believed to have some connection to our quest for a cure.

[[NOW! Please add your own similar terms, I'll try and merge them into my original post, to keep them all in a nice easy - alphabetical - format! Enjoy reading/using each others fan-fiction, at last!]]

Last edited by Grand Master Duskmantle on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:10 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grand Master Duskmantle

PostSubject: Re: The Apothecary's Almanac!   The Apothecary's Almanac! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 4:24 pm

[[No contributions to our wonderful encylcopedia..? I know the problem is that you make up these wonderful terms on the spot... and then forget them within an hour. >.<
This thread was supposed to solve that, but I need you to remember them! I will try and find out how to sticky this thread eventually... so then it shall forever be the home of Guild-Lore!
Please add your own IC terms which have ANY relevance to the guild, if you can't think of one you've used - now is the chance to make it up!]]
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: The Apothecary's Almanac!   The Apothecary's Almanac! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:04 pm

((Hm... well, I don't have an awful lot to contribute with, but at least this is something.))

Steam-Driven Syringe:
Syringes which can be adjusted for everything from medical shots to poison injections. The mechanisms are usually made of mithril (although, sturdier syringes of adamantite have been created), and the barrel of brilliant glass (a special type of glass forged from gems by jewelcrafters).
Due to the steam-driven mechanisms, the speed, pressure and volume of the injections can be tuned with high precision.
The steam-driven syringes are one of Rebekka Citreola's few own constructions.
Back to top Go down
Grand Master Duskmantle

PostSubject: Re: The Apothecary's Almanac!   The Apothecary's Almanac! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:19 pm

[[At last! Thank you Bekka! *huggles-and-muffins*, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Now, everyone else! You must remember occasions where you've made up some creepy sounding disease, either in-game or out-of-game daydreaming. Share them!
Added a "lore-herb", so to speak, from Vrae's guide on Herbalism... which appears to have been abandoned! Keep searching for/inventing/recalling more!]]
Back to top Go down
dotOrion

dotOrion

PostSubject: Re: The Apothecary's Almanac!   The Apothecary's Almanac! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:25 am

Wish I could remember all the stuff I pulled out of my ass when guiding people around the lab Razz
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: The Apothecary's Almanac!   The Apothecary's Almanac! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:54 pm

((*Gasps* ZOMGASH, a STICKY! Surprised
No really. C'mon guys :3 I know you have all these crazy terms and diseases and inventions. Just post 'em!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Apothecary's Almanac!   The Apothecary's Almanac! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Apothecary's Almanac!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Apothecarium :: In Character Boards :: The Lab-
Jump to: