Apothecarium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Apothecarium guild forums!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interrogation or: The Truth and How To Find It.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hainricht

Hainricht

Interrogation or: The Truth and How To Find It. Empty
PostSubject: Interrogation or: The Truth and How To Find It.   Interrogation or: The Truth and How To Find It. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:57 am

Kastner inspects the rod, casting an orange glow over his hawk like face, partially obscured by a pair of elaborate blacksmithing goggles. He frowns.

After studying the poker for a few seconds, he returns it to the coals and looks around the room, bored with waiting. The glow from the embers is the only source of light in the small cell, his goggled eyes barely registering the chains hanging from the damp, bare stone walls. He withdraws the poker, this time glowing brighter, more yellow. He smirks with satisfaction and reaches over to the a rack on his left, letting the luminescent poker hang next to an array of clamps, tongs and the like, the glowing rod casts a faint light to a nearby table, laid out with a variety of needles and other, more delicate contraptions.

Behind him there was a faint, muffled, murmur.

“Ah, you're awake. I was growing tired.”

A stripped Forsaken male was coming to consciousness behind him, chained to a table. His eyes widened in fear and his jaw clenched around the rag stuffed into his mouth as he struggled against the shackles, the yellow glowing eyes common to his rave adjusting to the gloom.

“I apologise if I come across as an amateur, I couldn't fit a rack down here. Now, I know what you're thinking. No, really, I do. You're wondering why you're here, and why I wasn't satisfied with the answers you gave me, are you not?”

The captive froze, though the mask of terror did not leave his face. All he could see of Kastner was a black silhouette, framed by the dull orange of the furnace. The light glinted from his goggles, a black, orange eyed apparition. The Forsaken was frozen, unable to tear himself away from the hellish image. He nodded, quickly and once.

“Well, you were clearly lying to me. The Kor'kron commander aborted his rage without incident? You think me a fool. Now you're thinking that I won't do it, that I couldn't get away with it.”

Kastner leisurely rests against the table, furnace glow playing across his face, shadows flickering across his high cheekbones and gaunt features. He smiles as he continues.

“You are wrong. You were subdued too easily to be a soldier of The Lady, and from the way you spoke you are clearly uneducated. I've seen your kind, barely any skills, just doing the lab work, hoping for a lucky break. No sense of duty. A dozen like you pass through here every fortnight at least. You'd be lucky if anyone remembers your name, let alone realises you're missing.”

He reaches behind him as he speaks, extracting the poker and studying it. He smirks, just the right temperature. The captive noticed his smile and started, strugglimg, fruitlessly, against the chains, desperate to get away. Kastner replaces it, smiling again at his captives terror.

“No spine at all. Tsk tsk.

“Enough theatrics. I want his name, his appearance and how he killed the Kor'kron. You know who. But before you tell me, I want some reassurance. You're going to tell me the truth this time.”

Reaching to his belt, Hainricht withdrew a large vial. Though hard to tell in the dim light, it was obvious the liquid inside was pitch black.

“Something special I whipped up just for you. Quite special in our society, you may have heard of it. We like to call it...”

Kastner uncorks the tube and roughly removes the captives gag with his free hand. The prisoner shrieks and squirms as the chemical is brought to him, the mere fumes setting him to complete terror. Hainricht gives a predatorial smile of satisfaction, he knows now that he won't have to lay a finger on him, the physical tools could remain just for show. Soon he would have all the answers he needed.

“... Parablackout.”

After all, he learned from the best.

(( Sorry if it's bad, first thing i've wrote for Hain and i'm not sure how to go about it, so I figured i'd try to keep it short. It's also late as I write this, and a little rushed.

Also, I switched from past to present tense a few times. I eventually settled on present, but if I forgot to change some bits and havent noticed fee free to point them out.))
Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

PostSubject: Re: Interrogation or: The Truth and How To Find It.   Interrogation or: The Truth and How To Find It. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:12 pm

((I love the way you portray hain in this, very calm and very professional))
Back to top Go down
Vraenesha

PostSubject: Re: Interrogation or: The Truth and How To Find It.   Interrogation or: The Truth and How To Find It. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:49 pm

(( Oooh, awesome writing there, Hain!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interrogation or: The Truth and How To Find It.   Interrogation or: The Truth and How To Find It. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interrogation or: The Truth and How To Find It.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Apothecarium :: In Character Boards :: Dalaran library-
Jump to: