Apothecarium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Apothecarium guild forums!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola

Go down 
+4
Anthorius
Kelmith
Vraenesha
Rebekka
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rebekka

Rebekka

A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola Empty
PostSubject: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:20 am

((I'm a huge fan of the dairy/journal concept. There is only a few other characters we can ICly tell about our inner thoughts, but by writing them down like this, we can show them to each other OOCly. I read all diaries/journals up here with greatest interest. They are both funny and touching, and lets me know things about some characters that I never would have normally (don't worry, I'm not thinking about meta-gaming Wink).

Unfortunately, Rebekka just isn't the type of person who would write her thoughts and feelings (albeit few) down. What she needs to know, she can probably stuff in her head. What a silly thing, to write it down on paper! xD However, she always keeps a notebook with her, so she can write down small reminders and thoughts that struck her on the go.

Most of it is just to fill out the pages (no, I seriously don't expect anyone to be interesting in the fact that Rebekka needs to buy new saronite bars), but there will also be notes of interest. If you understand what they're about.))
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:42 am

A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola 8_febr11

Last edited by Rebekka on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:19 am

A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola 12_feb10

Rebekka turns her flashlight off with a low 'click' and shuts the book she's been reading. On the floor a few feet away, Amandah is laying on her stomach, drawing something on what used to be a blank notebook page, in the faint light of a lantern.
"What are you drawing?"
Her voice is a soft murmur.
Amandah pushes herself back up into a sitting position, the notebook on her lap.
"You see here... that's me, with the card you gave me! And there's you, and some birds..."
"It's a pretty drawing."
The child frowns, and her only eye squints at the picture.
"No, it's not right."
Rebekka leans forward, pretending to give the picture a closer look.
"I don't see what's wrong about it?"
The girl taps her finger at the figure portraying Rebekka.
"She's smiling. You never smile nowadays."
Rebekka pulls the corners of her mouth into a stiff smile.
"Of course I'm smiling, kid. Don't worry."
When you haven't smiled because you're feeling happy in seven years, it's hard to make it look real. When you only smile to make others feel at ease, you will sometimes forget. It's especially hard to remember, when you have the ominous feeling, that something will go very, very wrong.
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 2:44 pm

A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola 13_feb10

When she arrives at the barn, her hands have not yet stopped shaking, and she's still short of breath after the kick to the stomach.
There is no time for words, for the usual "hello" or "how's your day been". She simply pulls the cold little body of the girl close to her own. She roughly wraps her dead but yet so vital arms around the delicate figure as if there was no tomorrow.
She has never hugged the child like this before, as if she actually meant something. But the child is still only a child to her. Maybe she doesn't even want to hold the girl - but the girl to hold her. To tell her that everything will be alright, just like the mother she can't remember. The mother who is most probably dead - or worse.
It doesn't take long before the girl begins to squirm in her firm embrace. This is also new. Even though her voice is muffled by the fabric of Rebekka's tunic, she can still hear the panic in it.
"Bekka, not so - not so hard, it hurts!"
A second later, she finds herself pressed against the wall, her hands safely locked between it and the small of her back. The girl is kneeling on the floor a few feet away, her eyes wide as those of a frightened animal.
Rebekka bites the inside of her cheeks. She has always been praised for her stable temper, her ability to never let emotions affect her. Is she loosing this now, too? That can't be. She won't allow it. Even as everything else is lost, betrayed, defiled, she won't be stripped of her dignity. It's all she has.
She slowly reaches her hand out for the girl. The child hesitates a moment, before she puts in it her own. It is still trembling.

Last edited by Rebekka on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vraenesha

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 3:07 pm

(( Eek! Psychopath on the loose!
Excellent work with the distorted writing. Loved it. Rather frightening to see such a stable woman write like that... Surprised
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 3:31 pm

((Aye, better keep a good distance the coming days xD
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. Though, I have discovered that Rebekka has a superpower - she can write OUTSIDE the page :O))
Back to top Go down
Kelmith

Kelmith

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 4:26 pm

Haha. Loving this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anthorius

Anthorius

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 5:02 pm

Ehr.. Scary o.O
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:22 am

((I take that as a compliment.))
Back to top Go down
Anthorius

Anthorius

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:49 am

(( Yes, It's a compliment Razz ))
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:10 am

A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola 16_feb10
Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:13 am

((I love the fact that it has a game of hangman that says pudding))
Back to top Go down
Berger

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:38 am

((I love it. How did you do it?))
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:43 am

Berger wrote:
((I love it. How did you do it?))

((Thank you! To answer your question; I took a picture of an old book, and then I wrote on it using my tablet. Very simple, really!))
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:01 am

A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola 18_feb10

She could not believe this. All of her careful preparations, ruined. It couldn't be true. The sudden and unexpected appearance of Plaguebringer Kelmith was not a part of her plans. She was so close - behind his back, the vast expanses of orange rocks, so typical for the Blasted Lands, filled her vision. The Dark Portal, along with her Master, was just outside her reach...

When she spoke, the words came out one by one, through clenched teeth.
"Just. Step. Aside."
Her horse, which was prancing nervously back and forth a few yards away, did not like the tone of her voice - slanting it's ears back.
But the man seemed to ignore her - he simply went on.
"I'm working to ensure my future place amongst the Horde. And that can be done only if I don't work with those who betray it."
How... HOW could he?!
"
You're the traitor!"
Kelmith let out a sigh, looking down at her with a patronizing gaze.
"Now, that's a shitty attitude, Bekksie. What makes me the traitor, anyway?"
How could he pretend that he didn't see?!
"DID YOU NOT HEAR ME?", she roared, drawing her axes. "STEP. ASIDE!"
Rebekka charged at him, aiming a swing at his knees. At the last moment, he jumped away.
"Hold it!"
Was he kidding? She snarled, letting her axe cut through the air again, but with the same result.
"Are you afraid, scum?", she hissed at him.
"No, not at all."
Realizing she would not go to attack for at least another moment, he continued.
"I'd just hate to waste... a good officer. You'd be good, even if not too loyal to the Grand boss. Perhaps
I will follow in Duskie's footsteps?"
His words made her sick.
"You will never replace him, traitor."
Kelmith threw her a frustrated glance.
"Don't you see?! It's the only way for us to succeed in anything!"
"I said, YOU WILL NEVER REPLACE HIM!", she fumed. Yet again, he ignored her, and simply continued.
"If he's a traitor, he'll be dead. If Gremgie's clubhouse won't execute him... then I will." A sly grin spread across his face. "That's justice, Bekksie. Forsaken style."
A growl erupted from her throat, and she launched herself at him again.
This time he was not so fast, and had to parry - falling back several feet. As their weapons were still touching, he grunted:
"You're giving me little choice, you know."
Then, he pushed her away, hurling a ball of fel-fire at the dead tree beside the road. As the big chunk of tree hit the ground, her horse seemed to have had enough, and fled - packed with all her supplies, bombs and her equipment. But Rebekka had no time to worry about that, because the Plaguebringer had sent another fel-flame in her direction. She managed to parry some of it with the side of her axe, but most of it slipped through her defences, scorching her armour and flesh.
"You really wanna see?!", he shouted.
Her answer was a furious howl - "Bring it on, dog! Do your worst!"
"You really wanna see the new faces of the oblivion sphere? Fine. I'll give you the honour of being my test subject."
In his hands, a shadowy sphere suddenly appeared. As it let out a high, sparking noise, Rebekka unwillingly took a few steps back.
"This variation... is called a terror rift", he began, pride in his voice. "It sucks to the void, but is highly unstable, and the spinning along with instability, tears everything apart. Mass destruction."
Was this all? Pretty words? She had no more patience for this.
"Enough with the talki-"
But she didn't get any further, until Kelmith looked over her shoulder, exclaiming "Ah, Okin! HOLD HER!"
Rebekka swiftly turned around, staring into nothingness. Cursing herself for her stupidity - who falls for such an easy trick, really?! - she barely had time to glance over her shoulder before Kelmith launched himself at her, hurling the sphere at her feet.

For a few moments, everything was chaos. She didn't know what was up and down, what was sky and ground, until she felt the hard rock hit her back. She gasped for air, unable to move, still in shock. As she tried to stumble to her feet, she felt fingers claw at her scalp, gripping her hair, lifting her from the ground. A fist, growing bigger in her field of vision, the crack of her nose, breaking. Kicking her feet into thin air, she began to claw at the hand holding her. It let her go. Before falling back to the ground, she could hear him grunting quietly. A second later, her back was burning, oh, how it hurt! A wail slipped through her stiff lips, and she clawed wildly in the air. As her fingers met the resistance of flesh, she could feel five rough fingers gripping her throat.
He underlined every word with a punch, his voice furious.
"Dusk... mantle... is... done... for."
Rebekka snarled in response, that was all she could do, while trying to pry his fingers from her neck. He let her go - but not until after sending a bolt of shadow energy into her face. She hit the ground with a thump.
Slowly, Rebekka crawled back onto all four. She coughed - the fluid pooling in her mouth was not blood, but something else.
"Still got something to say, bitch?!", he screamed. "Do you?!"
She threw him one defiant glance, spitting at the hem of his robe. Kelmith sighed.
"Your face is busted, and your rot spills from... eyes, mouth, nose and ears, along with the cracks in your skull. Fucking hell, is there no stopping you?!"
Rebekka coughed again, clearing her mouth.
"M-my life... for the... Grand Master. No matter what you do... swine."
Each word sent a bolt of pain through her badly beaten face.
The Plaguebringer crossed his arms in front of his chest, sending a glance up to to the skies.
"Damn it", he muttered. "Gracie made me soft... I actually pity you."
She didn't know if it was the pain or the rage or the hopelessness of defeat that did it, or the fact that she would never reach Outland, never stop those vile orcs who wanted to hurt her Master - she couldn't stop herself.
Madness bubbled within her chest, and erupted from her mouth in sharp outbursts of laughter.
"L-leave me here... To the vultures...", she breathed between the fits.
Kelmith looked down at her with a frown.
"No, I won't. I've got a better idea. I'll make sure you stay out for a couple of days... locked up somewhere."
Her laughter suddenly came to a halt. Let her live? Let her live with the shame, the pain, the guilt? No. No, she was to die, right here and right now, while madness would still protect her.
Her lips, now wet with the strange fluid, tried to form words.
"D... don't... you... dare."
"Oh, I sure will. I hope you'll like my closet."
He kicked her over onto her back, placing his boot an inch from her face.
"Last words before the goodnight kiss?"
Gazing up at the sole of the boot, she felt despair take hold in every limb of her broken body.
"Nothing like 'I love your master' or something?"
Her words came out slowly, in a whisper.
"I hope they claw your eyes out and burn you while you're still breathing, swine."
For a split second, she gazed at the sole as it came closer.
RED, BURNING PAIN.
DARKNESS.
Back to top Go down
Grand Master Duskmantle

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:46 am

Bekka... I'm speechless. That was -the- best story I've read on this forum, no offence to anyone else. Very well written indeed. But mainly it's just such an awesome scene! I wish I'd been able to see you and Kel fight! It's such a great duel-off! One mouthy, twisted, spell-caster versus a sombre, focussed, warrior.

Seriously - you two are the antithesis of one another, this story made me realise that and the potential that entails for dramatic confrontation. Amazing. I might sound like I'm going overboard, but this whole storyline has fascinated me anyway, and that conflict there between you two - so very unlike - is awesome chemistry.

I urge you to put it on the realm forums! Honestly: make sure it's clearly laid out, and tweak the few spelling errors, then slap it up their today! Because today is the day!

Again: LOVED IT. Well written and a truly gripping little storyline.
I felt so sorry for Bekka, damn you Kel! Damn you!
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:24 pm

((Thank you so much, Dars! Those words made my day.

I'd happily put it on the forums, but for the spelling errors - I've read it through six-seven times by now, and I can't find any more errors. Mind correcting them for me?))
Back to top Go down
Grand Master Duskmantle

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Only found like 3 very small mistakes, I've edited the original post to correct them. It's the quickest way. =3]]
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:33 pm

((Thanks a lot! Slapping this onto the server forums now.))
Back to top Go down
Kelmith

Kelmith

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:23 pm

(( Your writing skills... I can't help but to admire. Although, Kel's lines were done by myself Cool And I loved this bit of RP. Awesome. ))
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:36 pm

((It was certainly much fun, and thank you for the kind words, Kel! ^_^))
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:30 pm

A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola 20_feb10

Rebekka looked up from her notebook with a frustrated sigh. She was still in need of more money. Money was essential. After the incident in the Blasted Lands, she had no capital, no explosives, and no horse. And to arrange an escape, she needed all of that.
Last night, she had met Duskmantle. It disturbed her, that he seemed so content with dying. She had smiled, tried to act casual, promised him to give up on all her ideas of a rescue - everything to please him, for the moment. But did he
really expect her to give up so easily? His safety was her responsibility, and she had failed. She could not fail another time. If the trial did not end well - she doubted it would - there would be an escape plan, ready to be put to use. She could only hope that he would change his mind, because, after all, he was her superior. She could not rescue him without his permission. But of course he would come to his senses, and realize that sacrificing himself was the worst option possible! Of course he would!
Rebekka stretched her back where she sat, feeling the dull ache in her ribs. She was not used to pain, but Kelmith had done his job well. She gingerly touched her nose with her fingertips. It did certainly still hurt. Beldane had offered to straighten it, but she had refused. Now it would remain crooked - a reminder of what could happen if she failed.
Rebekka suddenly came to think of her armor. She would need her breastplate, but the shoulderguards? Surely, she could do without them.
She picked up her quill, and began to write again.
Cobalt shoulderguards.
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:20 pm

A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola 21_feb10
Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:21 pm

((Wow, that last one is really inspiring, its probably how most of our characters feel about Darsys death as well.))
Back to top Go down
Rebekka

Rebekka

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:22 pm

((Thank you Anth II. In the beginning, it was supposed to be some kind of defence speech. But the end result became somewhat, as you say, inspiring. While Rebekka was shocked by how easily Duskmantle accepted his coming death, I think his attitude made his actions even more heroic. I've never experienced any RP touching me as deeply as Duskmantle's death.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola   A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Torn Notebook - Property of Rebekka Citreola
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next